Yes, you can! If you want to be the hostess-with-the-mostess, this is the recipe for you. Nothing says holiday party like your favorite dessert turned into a miniaturized version that also happens to be a Jello shot!
Really, no Fall Fest is complete without pumpkin and no party is complete without Jello shots. Ever since I saw the two combined I have been waiting for the perfect opportunity to show off. Find all the fall fest recipes here: Caramel Apple Crumb Bars, Apple Cider Sangria, and Pumpkin Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Cream Cheese Buttercream.
My only compliant is too much of the pumpkin Jello seeped into the crust. To solve this problem I would either make these Jello shots a few hours before serving (versus the night before) or add two layers of pumpkin Jello. However, the bourbon whipped cream is a must! There is nothing like bourbon goodness to make a perfect Jello shot.
The aborableness factor is high and the taste matches. The crust is crispy and flaky and store-bought! Shhhhhh, if you're making fancy Jello shots, you can buy a store-bought crust, it's a rule. The Jello-pumpkin mixture tastes just like pie and has lots of spicy-goodnesss. And obviously bourbon whipped cream is amazing!
2 pre-made pie crust, two crusts come to a box, so in other words, one box) cooking spray 1 envelope Knox gelatin 1 + 1/4 cup water 1/3 cup pureed pumpkin 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon 1/8 teaspoon of each nutmeg, cloves, allspice, and ginger 1/4 cup sugar 1/2 cup white rum 1 cup + 1/2 tablespoon heavy whipping cream 1/4 cup bourbon 1/2 teaspoon vanilla 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 450 F and liberally spray your mini-muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Roll out your pie dough with flour until it is about 11 inches in diameter. Use a round cookie cutter or glass to cut circles larger than your little muffin tin. I have two mini-muffin pans and the cups are very different in size.
- Carefully press the circles into the muffin tin and prick several times with a corn on the cob holder.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the muffin tin and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Pour 1 cup of water in a cold sauce pan and sprinkle the gelatin on top. Let this sit for about 2 minutes. Turn on the heat and add the pumpkin, spices, and sugar. Stir until everything is combined and the mixture is warm.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the rum, 1/4 cup water, and cream.
- Place your mini pie crusts on a foil lined cookie sheet.
- Carefully pour into your mini pie crusts. I used a 1/2 tablespoon measuring spoon and that worked well for me. I place extra in little cups for more more traditional jello shots.
- Refrigerate overnight.