After 155 posts and one year of blogging under my belt, I'm feeling pretty good. I am proud of what I have put out and most importantly I am impressed by my own improvement. While I was compiling the Recipe Index I was able to look at all the different recipes I have made this past year. The following is a list of overall favorites, my personal favorites from each category, and the top 5 posts of the year.
- Best Photo - Apple Pie Cheesecakes - Every time I see this picture I am happy. I love the composition, the lighting, and the level of detail. Photography is far and away my greatest struggle and it makes me feel good when I get it right. (Picture up top)
- Best thing eaten all year from the blog - Mint Fudge Ice Cream with Brownie Pieces - Hands down the best thing I made and ate all year. Truth.
- Best thing Ruth ate all year from the blog - Cookie Crazy Cupcakes - Interesting choice, I made them for my own birthday and found them a little too rich, glad Ruth liked them so much.
Best thing Andrea ate all year from the blog - Chocolate Bourbon Ice Cream - So much bourbon and so much chocolate, how can you go wrong?Categorically Speaking:
- Beverage - Apple Cider Sangria (most drinkable) and Cake Batter Martinis (most fun) - With 11 boozy beverages, it was hard to choose just one.
- Breakfast - Baked Pumpkin Donuts - I never thought I would make donuts at home because I'm not into frying things, but baked donuts, and pumpkin no less, it's a winner.
- Brownies/Bars - Red Velvet Brownie S'more Bars - After 13 bar recipes I finally learned to cut them the next day for clean, even lines.
- Cakes - Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake - Only 4 cakes made the list, probably because they are a lot of work, this cake was the most work of all.
- Cookies - Homemade Tagalongs - There were 34 cookies to choose from, including 6 chocolate chip cookie recipes, making this a tough category. The homemade version of tagalongs were way better than the Girl Scouts', sorry ladies.
- Cupcakes (best tasting) - Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes with Caramel Buttercream - With 46 recipes for cupcakes, this was by far the biggest category, so I made three winners. These cupcakes with incredibly rich and delightful.
- Cupcakes (prettiest) - Bellini Cupcakes - Using gumpaste added an elegant touch to the cupcakes.
- Cupcakes (most fun) - Chocolate Beet Cupcakes - The pink color is gorgeous and it was a blast letting people guess the secret ingredient.
- Dessert - Brownie Sundae - There were only 4 dessert recipes, it was kind of easy to make a choice. How do you make the best ice cream ever better? Add more brownie and hot fudge.
- Ice Cream - Peach Sorbet - Considering I didn't buy an ice cream maker until July, 7 recipes for ice cream seems pretty good. Since the mint ice cream was already used, I wanted to choose a different recipe. This peach was a surprise favorite, completely rich, creamy, sweet, and fresh.
- Miscellaneous - Marshmallows - There were 4 miscellaneous recipes on the blog this year and marshmallows were far and away the best. I always thought homemade marshmallows were ridiculous, but now I get it, they are beyond delicious.
- Pies - Crack Pie - With only 5 pie recipes, it was difficult to make a decision. Crack may be whack, but this pie is amazing.
- Savory - French Onion Soup - A girl needs to stop eating butter every once and awhile and these 13 recipes prove that. Great soup recipe.
- Sweet Treats - Margarita Whoopie Pies - The only boozy bake good to make the list, out of 4 sweet treats this was my favorite because of its fresh flavor.
Most popular - Top 5 posts according to views, almost all cupcakes, hmmmm.....
- 50 Shade of Grey Cupcakes - Naming anything after the popular books is guaranteed to bring visitors. This is a great cupcake as a modified slutty brownie.
- Man Cupcakes - Any combination of bacon, cinnamon, and maple is sure to bring all the men and women around.
- White Russian Cupcakes - These cupcakes look sweet, but they pack a boozy punch. This was a popular pin on Pinterest.
- Vanilla Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting - This one surprised me, but I guess a lot of people are searching for this type of recipe.
- Cake Decorating 2 Final Cake - As guess a Wilton decorating class also brings a lot of hits to the blog.
I hope you've enjoyed reading the recipes and looking at the pictures, I've certainly enjoyed baking everything! Here's to 2013 with even more blogging success.