1. Candy Cane Chocolate Cupcakes - Using Trader Joe's Candy Cane Joe Joes instead of Oreos make these cupcakes festive, delicious, and different. Also posted one year ago!
2. Rainbow Cookies or 7-Layer Cookies - An Italian/New York classic made by a mid-west transplant! Light, almondy, and moist because of the jelly between each layer. One batch is a lot of work, but it makes about 7-8 dozen cookies
3. Pecan Bark - My mom's recipe; her little twist on the classic saltine toffee.
4. Decorate Wreath and Tree Sugar Cookies - Love the green color and the simplicity of the wreathes. These cookies show a rare occurrence in my kitchen - restraint; simple is best.
5. Candy Cane Cheesecakes - Rich and creamy cheesecake flavored with peppermint and candy canes with an oreo crust; a delightful holiday treat.
6. Pumpkin Truffles - These are probably one of my favorites! Pumpkin bread mixed with cream cheese and dipped in white chocolate, yummy.
7. Peppermint Blossoms - A simple twist on a classic cookie: chocolate cookies instead of peanut butter and peppermint kisses instead of chocolate. Beautiful and festive.
8. Chocolate Sugar Cookies Decorated with Royal Icing - The Santas made from ice cream cones are totally adorable and there are also a few candy canes thrown in. Chocolate sugar cookies make a great canvas.
And here are some more goodies!
Candy Cane Truffles - Clearly peppermint and chocolate are the best and I love the combination! I've made these treats for several years and they are always a hit.
Stained Glass Sugar Cookies - These go back to the early days of the blog, improvements noted. Still a great cookie that looks lovely on a cookie platter.
Gingerbread Cookies Decorated with Royal Icing - Here are some soft gingerbread cookies. A few simple decorations make these cookies fancy and special.
Eggnog Cookies - I love eggnog and although the weaving part was too much work, the plain cookies were simple, little morsels of goodness.
Gingerbread Cupcakes - Tender, moist nuggets of gingerbread flavor with a simple frosting. A great alternative to cookies for your holiday dessert table.
Red Velvet Cupcakes - Red velvet cupcakes aren't necessarily Christmas, but their festive color make them perfect for the holidays!