Happy Memorial Day! There is a little memorial park at the end of my block and it's perfectly decorated with red ribbons and crisp American flags. It's beautifully maintained and the perfect reminder of what this weekend is all about. Thank you. I'm spending the weekend catching up on errands and Sons of Anarchy. Wow SoA, wow! I didn't see those plot twists coming. Bam, bam, they're all shot and dead. It slightly scares me how much I enjoy watching all the violence on TV.
In other, less violent news, these brownies were made for a spa weekend to celebrate Michelle's upcoming wedding at her bachelorette party. And really a spa weekend is the absolute opposite of violent, motorcycle gangs on TV! The party was a great success and perfectly lovely and relaxing. I wish I could afford more spa get-aways.
These brownies are delightfully fudgy and gooey. Spread the peanut to the edges so every bite has decadent, creamy peanut butter. You wouldn't even know they are gluten free. Using coconut flour in place of all-purpose or GF all-purpose adds the slightest coconut flavor and a toothsome texture. It's time for some brownies with peanut butter!
Peanut Butter Swirled Brownies - GF Adapted from Top with Cinnamon Yield - 16 pieces
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter 3 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate 1/2 cup honey 1 teaspoon vanilla 2 eggs 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt 1/4 teaspoon baking soda 1/4 cup coconut flour 3 tablespoons dark cocoa powder 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter 1 teaspoon coconut milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 ˚F.
- Add the butter to a medium saucepan and heat until it is melted and browned.
- Meanwhile generously grease an 8x8” pan with butter. Cut parchment paper to fit on the bottom and over two sides. Grease the parchment paper.
- Chop the chocolate, remove the browned butter from the heat, and add the chocolate to the butter. Stir until melted.
- Stir the honey and vanilla into the chocolate-butter mixture. Add the eggs one at a time and stir to make sure the mixture is well incorporated.
- Stir in the salt, soda, flour, and cocoa powder. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Place the peanut butter and coconut milk in the same pot you just made the brownies. Heat until the peanut butter becomes melted. Dollop over the brownie batter and swirl with a knife.
- Bake for for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into pieces.