Despite a week without posts, it has not been a week without baking, there is a rarely a week without baking! I worked at what I've been calling DNA camp for the past week and it's fantastic to be with students again. I appreciate the ridiculousness of high school students so much! The boys who don't take lunch until 2 because they loose all focus after eating so their teacher pushes hard in the morning and the girl who takes charge like a full-fledged adult, not a 16-year-old, make my day. I wanted to make them a treat, because teenagers love treats! As of right now, I'm on my way to Michigan and I don't know what to anticipate. I want to spend as much time with family and not over- or even extend myself. There will need to be some quiet time. Hopefully I'll get my head back in the blogging game and churn out some recipes and posts. No work, no grad school, no excuses!
One way I'm getting back into the game is my membership into the Secret Recipe Club. It's a neat way to discover new blogs, meet online friends, and share the blogging love! My first assignment is to create a recipe from Jenny's lovely blog - Jenny's Cookbook. While looking for something to make I first thought about the pickled green beans because I have tons of green beans in my fridge that I don't know what to do with. But then I found this, and immediately went searching for a use! Salted caramel + chocolate + hazelnut is a home run in flavor town! Click on the link below visit more sites and recipes.
These are good cookies - perfectly soft and chewy. Adding chocolate spread makes the cookies moist and creates a lovely texture. And the addition of chocolate chips takes the cookies over the top, always add chocolate chips, I feel like I should have added more! This is a super easy cookie to whip up with just a bowl and spoon sure to bring a smile to anyone's face!
Salted Caramel Chocolate Hazelnut Chip Cookies
Adapted from Jenny’s Cookbook
Yield - 2 dozen 2-tablespoon cookies1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature 1/3 cup sugar 1/2 cup brown sugar 1/2 cup salted caramel chocolate hazelnut spread, or Nutella 1 egg 1 teaspoon vanilla 1/2 teaspoon baking powder 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 1/3 cup flour 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350 ˚F and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Add the butter and sugar to a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until light and creamy. Mix in the spread, egg, and vanilla. Make sure to mix until well combined.
- Stir in the powder, soda, and salt. Add the flour and mix until barely combined and then stir in the chips.
- Use a 2-tablespoon scoop to portion the batter on the cookie sheet. The cookies spread, so leave plenty of space between cookies.
- Sprinkle each cookie with sea salt.
- Bake for 10-12 minute or until just set. Let cool 5 minutes on the cookie sheet before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.