As I've mentioned before, I've been listening to Slumber Party with Alie & Georgia and they thought every podcast by sharing what they learned. I love it! As I get older I want to keep growing and learning. With less time for baking, I'm going to share what I learned each week here. What I Learned This Week:
- Fri. 10/4 - Blue whales are the largest animal to ever be on the earth. Also, dolphins are a type of whale.
- Sat. 10/5 - It takes 6 months to travel to Mars. It takes 3-5 years to grow a pineapple.
- Sun. 10/6 - Tomatoes and Irish potatoes are both in the nightshade family and the flowers of the potato plant look just like tomato plant flowers.
- Mon. 10/7 - John Adams was the only president to be defeated by his vice president, Thomas Jefferson. Also, giant clams look like a plant on a rock, but they can open & shut their shells and live for over 20 years!
- Tues. 10/8 - Orange is the New Black had a crazy, crazy ending. I can't wait for the second season! Second thing, I learned; a new, pleasant way to drive home.
- Wed. 10/9 - When composting, it is best to bury organic material (like banana peels) under the paper so you don't attract fruit flies. Rabbits don't listen well! See photo above.
- Thurs. 10/10 - I miss being with children more than I thought!
Fancy Recipes I Want to Try:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars - yes, yes, yes!
- We're having a Fall Fest party next week and I've been looking up recipes, pumpkin dip, absolutely!
- I've never made rice pudding before, this recipe may be my introduction.
- Pumpkin + Cheese + Orzo = my love language! I can't wait to make this for dinner one night.
- And this will be my Saturday:
One Year Ago - Mint Brownie Sundaes