- Fri. 11/22 - When oil is taken out of the ground sea water is placed inside the ground to make up for that lost space. However, sea water has a higher density than oil creating a different pressure underneath the crust. As the Earth compensates for this difference, plates obviously move around creating more frequent earthquakes and volcanoes. Surprised? Me neither. The natural disasters the last few years provide plenty of support.
- Sat. 11/23 - "Kids haven't changed that much, adults have; they allow too much" - Tom Izzo at a MSU alumni reception before the Spartan won the Coaches vs. Cancer Tournament. Also, I met Sparty! And Fatty 'Cue at Barclays added a few vegetables to their brisket mac & cheese - nice touch!
- Sun. 11/24 - Sweet potato pie is fantastic! And adorable when made in tart pans and cut into tiny slices. Recipe soon.
- Mon. 11/25 - If you say it with a straight face, children of all ages will believe you whether it is true or not!
- Tues. 11/26 - Wood ducks hatch in nests 70 feet above the ground and they can't fly when they are born, but they need to leave the nest to feed. So they just fall, 70 FEET! But because they are less than an ounce, they just sort of bounce and survive, amazing! (Again, I watch a lot of nature documentaries...)
- Wed. 11/27 - You can clean the kitchen, pack, vacuum, get your nails done, and have food delivered in record time when you're motivated enough.
- Thurs. 11/28 - I miss my family a lot more than I allow my feelings to feel; I really have an amazing family that I'm super thankful for.
Around the Internets:
- Not one, but two pies featuring pumpkin + s'mores.
- Cranberry margaritas? Yes please.
- My house will smell FANTASTIC!
- This made me laugh: Brits trying to name the United States.
One Year Ago - Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts