This is so easy it doesn't even need a recipe! After I go apple picking my favorite thing to make is apple chips. They are great snack, so healthy and satisfying.
Apple chips are usually pretty expensive to buy, but are easy to make. They do take a bit of babysitting, but it's definitely worth it. I always try and make them last, but usually they're gone within the hour!
- 3 apple (fills two baking sheets)
- cinnamon, optional
- Preheat the oven to 225 °F and spray baking sheets with non-stick spray.
- Slice apples thin using a mandoline (I use setting 3) and core out the middle with a piping bag tip.
- Lay in an even layer on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
- Bake for 1-1:30 hours checking every 20 minutes. Flip over half-way through baking. The chips should be barely brown and dry.
- Let cool before eating, they will crisp up!