I'm feeling a little bored with blogging, it just seems like too many steps. The photo shoots, the editing, the recipe typing, and using a computer have become a lot. I make things and want to share them right away. So that's what I'm going to start doing, writing simple posts all from my phone. From photos to recipe to post. Let's make life a little easier for all of us! The recipes are going to be simpler too, less precision and more of a set of guidelines or an idea to follow.
After months of travel and upheaval, my eating habits have been horrible to say the least! TimeHop has been showing me photos of my first Whole30 a year ago and after my great success with a Whole30 in June, it was time for round 3. This is my first creation. Extremely healthy, delicious, filling, and easy!
- large bunch of kale
- 1 lemon, juiced
- roasted butternut squash*
- 1/2 pear
- 1/2 avocado
- handful of cherry tomatoes
- handful of walnuts
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider
- salt + pepper
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- olive oil
- Rip or cut the kale into bite size pieces. Discard the stems.
- Toss the kale with the juice of one lemon and a generous pinch of salt. Massage together until the kale is soft. Set aside.
- Dice the pear and avocado, cut the tomatoes in half and arrange on the kale with the butternut squash. Sprinkle with the walnuts.
- Add all the ingredients for the dressing into a bowl and whisk together.
- Pour about half the dressing on the salad and toss together. Serves two generously.
- *To roast a butternut squash, peel, scoop out the seeds, and chop into 1" pieces. Add to a foil lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Toss together. Bake in a preheated oven at 425 ˚F for 35-40 minutes until browned and soft. Let cool before adding to the salad.