Can we do one more holiday cookie? Let's do another holiday cookie! I'm sure there are plenty of you out there with more holiday parties to attend this weekend and I want to make sure you have fresh cookies for your tray. If you can snag a bag of these kisses, they may be 50% off, double bonus - easy Christmas Cookies with on-sale ingredients! These cookies were made for the annual cookie exchange and caroling event with my church group. The weird thing about this event is that in the past I would be embarrassed about singing out in the open and openly celebrating the season, yet something has changed. Without irony and without embarrassment I can celebrate and rejoice in my faith! And it was fun and filled me with the holiday spirit (and Spirit). A great night!
An easy cookie with a brownie-ish base and a kiss on top, nothing can go wrong. The cookies are a little bit crispy and a little bit chewy. A minty chocolate kiss on top is the perfect compliment. Either whip up a batch this weekend or save them for next year, no matter what, this a wonderful cookie!
Two Years Ago - Sugar Cookie Trees and Wreaths
Chocolate Peppermint Blossoms
Adapted from Buckeye Cookies
Yield - 36 cookies
8 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
36 Hershey Mint Chocolate Truffle Kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat the oven to 350 ˚F and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a double boiler, melt the the chocolate and butter until smooth. Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs, vanilla, and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Slowly add the melted chocolate to the eggs, stirring the whole time until well incorporated.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir until completely mixed in.
- Use a 1-tablespoon scoop to portion the dough on the parchment-lined cookie sheet. The cookies do not spread much, so the dough can be fairly close together.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until just set. Let sit on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Place a kiss in the center of each cookie. Allow to cool completely, the kisses will melt and re-harden.